The Cafe at the Old Ballard Liquor Co.
We're proud to offer a selection of Scandinavian cold plates as part of your tasting experience. All plates are shareable and are designed to pair with our house made aquavits.
Grocery / Deli
- (Some items are not always available. Please call ahead if you'd like to confirm.)
- Pickled Herring $9/lb
- Our own recipe, using local Pacific herring and made from scratch.
- Salt Pacific Herring $7/lb
- Perishable, sold in brine.
- Frozen Pacific Herring Fillets $5/lb
- Ribs and spine removed, skin-on. Avg 3oz each.
- Smoked Canned Herring $7/ea
- Deckhand’s Daughter brand, caught in Alaska and smoked right up the road in Bellingham!
- Swedish Cardamom Bread (Vetebröd) $10/ea
- Traditional “Fika” sweetbread by Svea Bakery. Order by Thursday noon for Friday pickup each week.
- Freshly Churned Butter $6/ea
- Made in house from non-RBST cream.
- Elderflower Syrup $8/ea
- Great for mixing or italian sodas.
- Tonic Syrup $12/ea
- Locally made "And Tonic" brand.
- Tshirts and Hoodies $15-$50
March Café Menu
All plates are served cold, accompanied by house made rye flatbread with churned butter.
A tasting plate assortment of five rotating flavors of pickled herring
Rustic Aquavit Spiced Roasted Carrot Soup
mushrooms / onions / almonds / limpa / fresh butter
tasting plate of five different Nordic charcuterie meats & pickles
Skagit Valley Oyster Fritters
Served with lemon and shaved fennel salad
Served until 2pm Sat/Sun: Assorted breads, jams, pickled and smoked fish, eggs, ham, cheeses, muesli, toppings, jams and fresh butter
tasting plate of five different nordic cheeses & seasonal fruit pickle
Ballard B & G
Medisterpølse Biscuits & Gravy: pork / beef / allspice / nutmeg / cardamom / soft boiled egg / fresh buiscuit
Svea Breads' Cardamom Sweetbread
Sweet, buttery cardamom braid baked fresh daily.
Semla Bread Pudding
Cardamom Bread / Almond Custard / Tart Lemon Sauce / Whipped Cream