- via Donna McElroy, Portland, OR
The ultimate Bloody Mary
- Add 2 oz Midsommar Dill Aquavit to the following mix.
- MIXER (makes about 2 quarts)
- Juice Together:
- 20 oz fresh fennel bulb
- ¼ small sweet onion
- 20 average sized carrots, outer skin removed
- 42 ounces sweet yellow cherry tomatoes
- 12 celery stalks
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 Tbl Aardvark Habenero Hot Sauce
- Salt to taste OR rim the glass with fennel salt
- Cheater Cheater Mary Mix: Mix 3 parts bloody mary mix with 1 part fennel bulb juice to sub for the full mix recipe above.
Garnish with a big obnoxious stalk of fluffy fennel, pickled beets, boiled egg, pickled herring and/or sardines.